Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > General Chat

Unread 12-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

Whats up for Winter

Hello All,

My name is Bryan. Im living in Sokcho currently. I was here a few years back to visit some friends (Greg and Jen, some of you probably know them quite well). Well, when we heard Greg and Jen were leaving we decided to come check out Korea and take there jobs here in Sokcho. We lived in Japan for 2 out of the last 4 years, while also doing a bit of traveling. We have now settled down for a bit here and are very interested in the winter scene here. My wife Shauna and I have climbed all types of rock and ice in variety of settings.

We were going to go back to Japan to visit for the holidays, but cost is too high, so now were looking for some ideas for over the holidays to do around Korea. My wife does not do the ice\cold thing, so I'd be looking for a partner if anyone is available. Any ideas or suggestions. Also, we have a good size apartment available to anyone interested in coming to Sokcho, in exhange for a belay!

I've got loads of local beta, and a bit (especially this website) on Korea, but I would love to hook up with some folks that can eliminate the hassles.

Any ideas for the holiday, or winter in general. Also, should I fill out this profile thing, or will people respond without it?

Cheers
Bryan
Unread 12-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Seorak Sender

Hey Brian (and everyone else),

I should be in Sokcho soon - before Christmas hopefully, and will be up for climbing of any description. Sadly i haven't got ice gear, but pretty much sorted for all else.
Would be good to hook up with folks in / around sokcho.

Cheers,

Gareth.
Unread 12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
verticalcult

Bryan mate,
Nah you are not legally/morally/physically obliged to fill out all that info on the profile page, but it can be good reading for the rest of us.
Glad to know we've got another couple up there in Sokcho, the ice has already started I hear up in Gangwon Do (near to you guys). I'll happily be up there with my ice gear/wife and car soon. There is a lot of ice in Gangwon Do, and I'm sure we can hunt it down. My wife and your wife are of like mind, cold just isn't her thing although she has become a keen skiier, and will give ice climbing a whirl this year (I hope!). I presume you cats ski/board, yeah? Well it's all good. We could combine a trip with skiing/climbing/eating/drinking etc. When are you guys free? I'm on vacation now, but will be busy with stuff from late January.