Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 08-22-2010, 07:35 PM
verticalcult

Busy Autumn schedule approaches...

Yes dear wags, sweating away as you all are right now, not much more than pools of tepid discharge, it would be easy to despair of the summer burn...all climbing (bar DWS and indoor ice at O2) being a rather warm task indeed!
Fear not! Autum approaches and, these a a few of the key events already shaping up...add others and post on the upcoming trips forum too, as we have meny eager beavers looking to re-unite with real rock and summer seperated co-horts in climb.

The Autum Meet and Greet...date and venue yet to be decided. No polls up yet, but look for that soon. Keep in mind the usual concerns and issues of crag choice and weekends.

KOTR Halloween Party. Last year in Itaewan was pretty grand, and the day after rain didn't entirely stop the bold opening of the River Beds Boulder Field Party either. 2008 at Ganhyeon (climbing in costume the day after) was likewise amazing...what will we do this year?

Chusoek Climbing! OK Travel over this period is usually a nightmare of epic proportions, but this year Chuseok gets you Tues-Weds-Thurs (21-23 Sept)...with luck your school/ boss might even give you the Monday/ Friday or bothy off as well! If you are thinking of travelling, book tickets early (like right now!!!) and climb safe!
Unread 08-23-2010, 01:23 AM
peace

And if you're going to Seoraksan, don't forget to register for any technical climbing!
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Dude

What is the process of registering for Seoraksan?
Unread 08-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Halla Hanger

tepid discharge and other private symptoms aside (surely a sign not having climbed in far too long) halloween profiles are in the scheming as are hopes for a largish gathering soon! whispers of a Seonunsan m and g are on the cooling breeze.....
Unread 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
peace

Will (well, and anyone else), There's a downloadable form on the Seoraksan website (they have them at the ranger stations, but prefer you register in advance). Or you can call/e-mail in the information. They are very friendly and helpful, though many rangers' English is limited.
Unread 08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
verticalcult

When we filled out the forms a few weeks back the Seorak Rangers were quite demanding on detail. Just the route name, number of pitches, location and equipment etc taken wasn't enough. They wanted a pitch by pitch account and so I ended up sending them 5 A4 pages of info (scanned and or Korean typed/ invented by me!). They seem to be getting quite strict, so having a Korean friend help fill it out AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE is a solid plan.
Les? Seonunsan was Spring....maybe Autumn should be elsewhere? I dunno...
Unread 08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
peace

Hmm. . . and when I visited the ranger station, they printed me a topo of our route! ?태규 or [email protected] naver.com is a good go-to guy (Seorak Ranger). I found everyone willing to walk you through the steps, etc, but they do want everyone to register.