Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM
aka, The Griz or just Jake

Pighting Pusan Prefreeze Climbing Extravaganza

Good day to one and all!

The Busan Climbing Crew is putting on a climbing event on Saturday, November 6th. Everyone is welcome as we've got something for everyone. Multi pitch ridge hike, trad, sport and bouldering. It's going to be an all day event with a photo contest, riddles and prizes! Check out the facebook page for more details.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...vent_invites=0

If you're not a FB user than here's the jist of it. If you've got any questions post them up here of PM me.

Cheers

The plan is to meet up on Saturday morning, November 6th (exact place to be determined later). We'll group up and then head out to the climbing areas. There will be instructions at each area for a scavenger hunt photo contest as well as a riddle or two. Prizes will be given for these as well as for the best costume, best dong shim pic, best 'Magazine Cover' pic and the silliest (but safe) climbing pic, among others. After you've gotten your fill of climbing for the day we'll go out for dinner and then meet up at the Playground in Seomyeon for drinks. We'll give out the prizes and socialize with new and old friends and let the night take us where it wants from there.

This will be the last weekend that one of our fellow climbers, Mr. Mack Maier, will be in the country for. If you know him then come on down and give him a good send off. If you don't know him, well this is your chance to rub elbows with a legend and maybe your one and only chance to be in the presence of greatness!

If you need a place to sleep, have no worries. A bunch of us have alreay agreed to open up our extravagant apartments (and by extravagant we mean studio) for y'all to stay for a night or two. If you need a place to stay, post it on here and we'll get you sorted out. For those in Busan just finding out about this and don't mind opening up your place for some fellow climbers, post it on here as well.
Unread 10-22-2010, 06:24 PM
peace

Sounds fun! Sunny Pusan! Hopefully will have my car by then-- maybe will have this friggin' cast off!
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Radio

Don't like this discrimination against people who aren't vain enough to have a facebook account.
Unread 10-25-2010, 01:15 PM

That's why I put the info up on here as well Yandy! And it's not discrimination if you choose not to be part of a social networking site that connects large groups of people. So, are you coming or not?
Unread 10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Radio

But you said people on facebook "(get) more details." Anyway, I don't like large groups of people. I know a couple of hundred... at most, and I only like about four of them.

Yeah, I'll be there, with bells on.
Unread 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Tim

Can't wait. Thinking of this is going to get me through the work week. Thanks Pusanites
Unread 11-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Hello all,

We've got just a couple of days before the big day. You'll all be happy to know that the Pusan crew has been working tirelessly to get everything ready, and by tirelessly I mean climbing, then drinking and chatting with a little work here and there. So without further ado, here are all the details you'll need. If you're unsure about something then just ask.

When and Where: We'll be meeting inside the Yeonsan-dong Subway Station (Transfer Stn for the Orange #1 and Brown #3 lines) at 9:30am, Saturday, November 6th, 2010. Follow the Event Posters to the meeting area.

After we've met up we'll get into groups. We'll have at least one local to take folks out to the climbing areas. Let it be known here and now that we are NOT 'climbing guides'. We are NOT responsible for your actions or for your safety. We are merely going to show you where the areas are. At all times you take full responsibility for yourself. You have to decide whether the area is safe, the climb is within your ability and whether you can/should trust your belayer. Again, the only one responsible for you is you!

Ok, now that that's out of the way. We'll be going to a couple of different area. At each area there will be an 'Amazing Race' type box with instructions for the scavenger hunt photo contest as well as a riddle or two. The areas that we will be going to are:

**Moo Myeong Ridge- A ridge hike with multiple climbing pitches. Takes about 3-4 hours and finishes very close to Bu Chae Bawi, Nabi Bawi and DaeRyuk Bong. *The ridge has a lot of exposed areas with some sketchy sections. Previous climbing experience is needed. Should be comfortable leading 10+.

**Bu Chae Bawi- North side is trad. South side is tough sport climbs.

**DaeRyuk Bong- Sport crag with two walls. Good climbs from 5.9 to 5.12.

**Amnam- Seaside Sport Crags, 3 in total. The first one you come to is the easiest. Fun climbs from 5.9 to 5.hard.

**Nabi Bawi- Bouldering area with tons of stuff.

After climbing you'll be responsible for your own food. Best thing to do is chat with folks that your climbing with and make plans. There are lots of places all over. After dinner we'll meet up at the Playground in Seomyeon for the after party. Prizes will be given out here. We'll be giving out prizes for:

-Best costume
-Best dong shim pic
-Best 'Magazine Cover' pic
-Silliest (but safe) climbing pic
-Most Scavenger hunt pics
-Most correctly answered riddles

What to bring:

All you need to bring is your climbing gear, your one week old Halloween costume (or a new one if you feel inclined to make another one), a camera (for the scavenger hunt and picture contest) and a good dose of positive vibes. Might be a good idea to bring some extra cloths and sleeping gear, but even if you don't we'll still take care of ya!

This isn't a group event, but it's not a bad idea to pick a climbing partner that you trust to belay you. If you are new and don't have a partner that's okay too, we'll get you up on the rocks and maybe even show you a thing or two.

Here's a map with all the places on it. We'll be handing out directions for all of the areas in the morning as well to help folks get around.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...,0.434647&z=11

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Cheers!
The PPPCE crew
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM
peace

2 Jeonjuites and a Namwonner will be coming in late Friday from the West, driving a huge @$$ tank. Anyone (preferably in West Busan) have crash space for 3 and big parking spaces;-/