Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 11-27-2008, 12:54 PM
pastafarian

Sunday the 7th December Bouldering Comp Daegu - Chilgok

Just an early heads up. There is a bouldering competition on the 7th of December at Stone Axe in Chilgok (Just north of Daegu). I will post some more details about getting here and times when the information has been gleaned from relevant sources.

The general vibe is more of a chilled out fun competition rather than a bleeding fingers boulder off with something for everybody. It would be nice to see some of you lot out down here.

Although I'm hearing frequent cries that its far too cold to be climbing there are a number of local little crags that catch the morning light so if anybody thinks their brave enough you are more than welcome to come out on Saturday to throw down some lines. If it really is nippy there are a number of Artificial outdoor walls out an about that are more than warm enough for a few months yet.

If there are enough takers there is also the distinct possibility of an Indian meal on Saturday night.

I have ample floor space for about 8 dirtbag climbers,double that if you don't mind spooning. RSPV.

ta, Will.
Unread 11-27-2008, 01:18 PM
send train

ha ha, the weather is still nice down here in Busan! If we get a freak storm or something I'll head up there, but otherwise I'll probably be bouldering outside.
Unread 11-27-2008, 01:25 PM
pastafarian

Well' uuup north and more than ten feet from the ground its a bit nippier.

I'll probably be down this weekend with you guys to check out the bouldering. One of the guys from my gym; 이 수 용 is probably going to venture out as well. Is there any chance you could forward me your number. Thanks

Will
Unread 11-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Seorak Sender

Directions

Will, you beat me to it, I was just going to post about the competiton. It's at this gym:

http://www.koreaontherocks.com/climb...rt%3Dna me%26

though it is no longer called Stone + Axe. It's now underneath a Kolon Sporting Goods store, between K2 and KSwiss stores on a large street. You can get there by taking the 704 north towards Bukgu or Chilgok, going over a large river, then a smaller river, and then get off at the Dong-A Department store and walk back five minutes in the direction you came. Walking backwards, the gym is on the right side of the road. If you are looking for it on the bus ride up, you can see it from the left of the bus. There is actually probably a bus stop closer than the Dong-A store, but that is where I got off at when I went, so that's what I can speak for.