Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Seorak Sender

Anyone keen for next weekend? 6th-7th Sep

Would anyone be interested in doing some sport routes anywhere this weekend in the Seoul area? Let me know if you are, I have all gear necessary. I would go bouldering as well, but I don't have a pad. Shaun
Unread 09-02-2008, 12:38 AM
金成범

Absolutely!

Buttman,
I would LOVE to go climbing in the Seoul area next weekend. I just arrived here in Korea and want to apply my obsession here.

I love sport and trad climbing. I have a full rack and a rope. I climb 5.11's and usually try 5.12's, with mixed success. However, I love climbing with 5.8 climbers just as much as 5.13 climbers. I don't know the area too well, but Korea on the Rocks has good suggestions. I work until 11:00 pm on Friday, and don't start again until 4:00 pm Monday. I live in Suwon, a little south of Seoul.

Let me know!

Alec.
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Seorak Sender

That's good news

Alec,
That's awesome. I'm climbing probably about the same level, so we should be good to go. I don't know the areas very well either, I'm yet to go outdoors on routes here. I live in Goyang, on the north edge of seoul near Hwajeong on the orange line of the subway.
I'll have a look around on the site for a place that's good for both of us, travel wise.
I'm getting a mobile in the next few days, so I will send you the number when I get it. For now my office is 031 960 113. It's probably easier just to talk on the phone. Look forward to hearing from you, take it easy, Shaun.
Unread 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Climber of Rocks

Hey boys, I'm in the 10/11 range, so you're cooler than me. BUT I have been dying to trad since I got here, and if you guys are going I'm down to tag along, too. I also have a full rack. We could do Insu or Seorak which are both relatively close. It all depends on whether you're hoping to camp or come home.
Unread 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
peace

Seorak

If any and all would be up for Seorak-- two groups would be nice to take photos across. . . just an idea, (I'm a little obsessive trying to get non-butt shots for the book). . . I also have a full rack (well, mostly full!) but my alpine trad peaks out at 8! Seorak makes it possible to camp OR stay at the climber's shelter for an alpine start. Personally, I can recommend Janggeunbong, but I really want to do Yuseondae. Oh, and I think I have one more fairly strong climber with me this weekend. . . I'll/we'll be in the Seorak vicinity awhile. . .

Heather, you'd be welcome to join us. . . if no one was capable of the trad, we could bail and do some sport routes, including some nice multi-pitches.
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Climber of Rocks

I'm booked up on Saturday, so I'm only in for Sunday.

I'm not so much worried about leading anything under 11a trad. I'm more concerned that of we do Seorak, trying to get down before the trains, buses, other modes of transpo peace out for the evening. To say nothing of the weather, so if we're only sporting then I'm not going to take the risk.

We'll see what folks have going/what the weather man says.
Unread 09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
peace

Masa and I are keen for multi-pitch trad. . . if maybe you can twist Alec's arm to come down Sat afternoon (it's not like anyone would be bored spending an afternoon leisurely getting to Bisandae shelter) and we'd have 4 down for multi-pitch alpine routes. . . Helmets are a good idea for this, I might add. . . and for anyone who doesn't have one, not a bad investment for Korea. . . beg borrow or buy. No offense, M has a nice butt, but I don't want 100 photos of it from different angles! Oh, and not to dis Shaun, you'd be more than welcome too! Very interesting profile. . . or Jake-- how about you? Or Sokcho folks?! I still need to check out the sport climbing too. . . maybe Sat?

I may skaddadle (is that a word?) to Ullengdo mid-week (M-W? T-Th?) and then back to Seorak for Chuseok. . . but who knows. . . I am pretty planless. . .
Unread 09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi folks,
I really love to join in no matter whether trad or sports, multi-pitch or bouldering (have helmet, but neither rope nor trad-gear). And I love foto sessions So I don't mind the spots just pick one and let me know where and how to get there.

See ya, Jonathan
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
peace

Nathan-- what are you capable of leading trad? It might kinda depend on who would come-- I have one rope and rack. . . I know Heather has a rack. . . 2 groups of 2 could go fairly quickly and get down easily with two ropes. . . doing adjacent routes maybe. . .

so I have one partner for this weekend. . . anyone else in for sure. . . if others couldn't make it until later Sat or Sun, those of us who could might do some sport? or a shorter route-- but 3 on one rope might be pushing it!
Unread 09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Seorak Sender

Hi Skinsk,
I am multi-talented as you will get to know. But as my "great days" in Wadi Rum and Sinai are somehow past I might need some time for warming up and get familiar with the rock, as I haven't touch it yet (but as mentioned above the range to 5.11a should work)
But nevertheless give me the hot end of the rope and I'll bring you to the top