Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwest
Hey,
Does anyone know the name of the hotel where we're staying for the climbing comp. in Busan? Not sure where to go except for Hyundai beach.
Thanks!

Just grab a taxi from Haeundae subway or railway station.
It'll cost less than 3000KWR.

I'll be staying Hanwha resort where yuo guys stay all day tomorrow if having trouble getting to hotel just call me.
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Aggressive Sheep

i heard there's going to be quite the gathering at "thursday party" at Gwang alli (beach) tomorrow night. see you all there!!!
Unread 09-27-2008, 11:14 PM
send train

How's the comp going? I intended to stop by, but got distracted by real boulders. What will be going on Sunday? Is it worth checking out? Will anyone be selling a crash pad there? If mad rock is a sposor, as I assume they are, do they have stuff for sell?
Unread 09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
send train

Quote:
Originally Posted by choss monkey
How's the comp going? I intended to stop by, but got distracted by real boulders. What will be going on Sunday? Is it worth checking out? Will anyone be selling a crash pad there? If mad rock is a sposor, as I assume they are, do they have stuff for sell?

Oh yeah boulering finals are Sunday. I may stop by.
Unread 09-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

Feeling not so good, because most of them left witiout saying thank you, except german guys, Jason and Masa they personally came to me and say thanks. I knew it'd turned out like this, 'cause I've been through a lot. I don't want to talk about cultural differences, but feel terrible!!! really!!!
Unread 09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Aggressive Sheep

Dong-il, I thought I thanked you throughout the day but you have my most sincere apologies if I didn't. You did an absolute stellar job of recruiting and organizing the weygookin for the competition! I talked with several people about how the organizers should give you special thanks for all your hard work. I personally thank you for translating the rules, the logistics, and keeping us in queue!
To be honest, I really don't like the idea of competing with anyone but myself, but I had never been in a climbing competition before so I was curious about the experience. (I'm sorry I missed the bouldering part but was still sick and needed my sleep) I was surprised at how friendly the competitors were and I had a really good time. I'm not sure if I'll enter another competition again, but I'm grateful to have been a part of this international experience.
Thank you (again) for organizing the foreign participants. It may be cultural difference, or pure exhaustion at the end of the day, but rest assured everything you did was VERY much appreciated by everyone!
Hats off to Dong Il!!!
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Mainer

Dong-il I'm sorry you feel that way. I meant to say thank you but I did not make it to the comp on Sunday because of my neck and back injury. I headed home and pumped myself full of ibuprofen.
It was a really fun time and a very positive experience. It would not have been possible without you. What you did was the equivalent of herding cats. Thank you for your patience and guidance! I regret that I couldn't tell you this face to face.
Thanks again,
Kat
Unread 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Climber of Rocks

Dong-il, I'm most regretably sorry that you feel this way. I wish I had been more persistant at thanking you. I was so, so relieved to see you there Sunday morning. Thank you for talking me through the whole situation and keeping positive as well as just supporting me. It was nice to see a friendly face at that crazy morning hour. From the shoulder rub to looking at my ankle after the final problem, you have my deepest gratitude and appologies for not being more verbally appreciative.

Once more, thank you for everything!
Unread 09-29-2008, 04:10 PM
peace

Heather! Congrats!! I heard you made it to the semis!! Nice job representing KOTR women!!! And I'm sure you looked fabulous!
Unread 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
stone samurai

dong-il, apologies for not giving you my personal thanks on sunday before i left. i wasn't feeling very well when i stumbled out of the bexco center to catch my train. as ric said, you did an amazing job with recruiting, organizing and translating so that all of us could enjoy a super fun weekend taking part in the competition. i had a great experience, both with the competition and with watching so many talented atheletes do what they do best. know that all the kotr members in attendance are very very thankful for the hard work you put in to make this past weekend possible for us. cheers to dong-il!

-ron kauk