Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Trip Reports

Unread 12-21-2009, 01:06 AM
velocity girl

the busan crew ROCKS!!!

just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to everyone from the busan crew (and others!^^) who came out and made this past weekend super fun!

props especially go to kathryn (hostess extraordinaire) and young (most psyched guide/bouldering buddy ever!^^), but it was so cool to meet all of the peeps that were new (to me^^), and re-connect with people i'd met a time or two...

am definitely planning to go to busan again asap to boulder with some of the funnest, coolest people in korea on some of the awesomest boulders, and would totally recommend this place to anyone interested in getting on some sweet problems this winter...busan was way warmer than seoul, there were always some sunny, sheltered places to climb...and had a really wide range of established problems for everyone from the total beginner to projects for [email protected]$$ boulderers...plus, with such awesome benefits as traditional coffee pit stops before each session...gorgeous views of mountain, city and sea...psyched climbers who won't stop bouldering even when they're bleeding all over the bouldering pads^^...deep (or at least very...interesting) conversations with the locals (<cough>grant<cough>)...cragside (boulderside?) gourmet to nosh on (thank you, feliz!^^)...eight-person send trains (more or less together, anyway!^^)...people who are psyched to show you all of the boulders and routes and climb on them with you and spot you AND give you valuable beta!..what more could you ask for?^^

chad, jake and jeff...sorry we missed you! hope to see you out there next time!
colden, grant, robin (sp?), and alan, was super to meet all of you and crank (or attempt to!^^) together!
will, feliz, nikki, mack, young and kathryn, great to see all of you again, and i hope we will climb together again sooner rather than later!^^
josh and andy! thanks for being psyched travel companions and great bouldering partners (although we're going to have to watch out for josh, 'the thief' of FAs!
to anyone else i may have missed that was out there (i'm sorry!), thank you too!

THANK YOU, BUSAN BOULDER FIENDS! 'twas a wonderful time...keep on crimping/slapping/pinching hard and we'll see you again SOON!

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
hmmm

Heidi and company, We thank You for coming down. It is always nice to get seoul folk down our way. And I'm pretty sure I speak for all when I say that my floor is always open to you guys. glad you had fun, see you all soon.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
send train

there aren't any boulders in busan! you guys are trippin.
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Radio

I lived down there for a year and never saw any boulders. Mack, you definitely speak for me when you say your floor is always open... anybody is welcome.
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
send train

busan is soooo last year!
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:54 PM
fight gravity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choss monkey
there aren't any boulders in busan! you guys are trippin.

however you need to bring your stinky a** down busan to work on topo and to finish more project!

I'll prepare bunch of Ya energy drink! hope to see you soon!
Unread 12-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Halla Hanger

Time

...I have a lot of it coming up. My contract ends January 8th, and I will be living in Busan until I take a short jaunt back stateside January 24th --returning to the ROK Feb. 10th. I have NOTHING to do but climb everyday between the 8th and 24th. Nothing. If you are free in the morning, afternoon or evening, lets send!!
Unread 12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
velocity girl

aaargh!!! charles~! my english camp ends on the afternoon of the 23rd!T.T

i wish i could come and join you...

(BUT, i do have sundays and some saturday afternoons off and so if you are in gangwon-do and want to hit ganhyeon or ice climb somewhere in the province, let me know! )

have fun bouldering though!

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 12-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Halla Hanger

Thanks for the invite Heidi, but the purse strings are well tight for a venture up north until my next job in March I am thus resigned, happily, to the confines of Busan until my departure. I can't wait to climb up north in the spring though! Take care 'til then