Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Jiri Jammer

Soraksan July 31st-Aug 4th

So is there anyone who has a good grasp of trad down for a Seoraksan mission from July 31-August 4th? I am still new to the game but progressing along nicely. I'll be up there with my rope, draws and I just picked up some passive pro, 11 nuts and one small hex. I'm trying to find some pu-ren-dus but financially it is squanderous. I can lead most 10c sport climbs now and I'm super keen to get real high. I hacked my way up 4 pitches at Insubong, and I'm pretty hooked. Ideally I'd like to hit up the classic routes up there and hopefully with someone who has some expereince. The 8 pitch on the General and the 7 pitch with the 10d at Yuseondae are of particular interest but I'd be down for others depending on who is there and what is offered. My vacay is during this gap, and I assume that I will have to get a early start on booking stuff and permits ect.

Takers?
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Jiri Jammer

Anyone? I might be paragliding in the area on the weekend and climbing the weekdays.. If I can get a climbing partner... If I can't I'll be devastated... I'll bring coffee and a smile, what more could you want?
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
peace

Brad, be sure you and your partner/s register with the park beforehand (a week is good). You need name, address, phone, passport #, route and day.

Have a blast!! And take plenty of photos!
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Seorak Sender

Seoraksan

Hey Brad,

I think I will be around then, and I have a break as well. I would love to climb during that time. I am about the same level as you are. I live 3 cities south of Seoraksan, and you are more than welcome at my place. Plus, the valley close to my city has some nice trad routes. I also know a group of guys that go to Pyeong Chang on the weekends to Paraglide

Zac