Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Gumby's Unite!

Kwanaksan 26 MAR 11

We're going to have a group of 4... 3 being inexperienced climbers who are honestly all about breaking in new shoes and learning from people who can show us what we don't know. If you're in seoul, newbie or a k2 killer... give us a ring. I guarantee plenty of enthusiasm and lots of fun. We've got enough rope to run 3 routes at the same time over there if we've got the belays... We are kinda light on quick draws, so if you've got em, bring em.

Phone number/email/skype on profile. RSVP appreciated for link-up.
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:03 PM
peace

half a dozen draws will get you up 3 routes there. . . and you can use a 50 meter rope on 2 routes simoultaneously! But the routes are tricky! Solid leads (or you could think of them as highball boulder problems!) with some thoughtful cruxes. . . they can be top-roped too!
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Gumby's Unite!

Yeah I know, We've got a 50m and a 40 ish meter thats been trimmed. Between the 4 of us we're literally rolling with two draws... lol. Trying to get the wife to ok yet another expensive hobby is like pulling teeth. Its honestly a little out of our league right now but hopefully we can get some good experience and some sore fingers out of that left hand crack climb. The 5.10 on the right is the one I almost got last weekend. I've been streching all week and working on fingertip pinches .... I swear I'm getting it this week. Theres a boulder down at the bottom of the hill thats bolted too... I tried dynoing the left side last week and it broke off under my fingers... I was happy though, almost got my first overhang on my second ever session. You should come out... I know your working on stuff for the book but it might be fun to show up a group of big bad boys when you solo everything we have to TR....lol
Unread 03-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Seorak Sender

I'm interested in climbing with your group. I'm a newbie also, but brought all my gear from the states. No ropes or belays, but wouldn't mind investing a bit more! Let me know when and where you are going next.
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Seorak Sender

I'm in. What's the plan?
Unread 03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Gumby's Unite!

8 am in front of the temple at the base of the trail.... Might be kinda crowded if the locals show up... so we'll see how it goes. Hope to see you guys there. We're going to be shopping for some last minute gear in dongdaemun and jongro-5.... If anybody wants to meet up with us there, then msg me and I'll give you my cell.
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
peace

Scott and Daniel-- check your e-mails. I am sending you my Kwanak chapter and some photos. If you could check my info, make notes, number my photos (and/or take better ones!! esp of the boulders), that would be awesome. If someone hasn't been there yet, maybe let them lead the way with my info and see if it works.
Unread 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Jiri Jammer

I'm game! If you guys have room for 1 more? It's been a while since I've roped up outside. I have TONS of gear so let me know what you need me to bring. ooee... I can bring some trad gear if anyone wants to practice placing gear. (I can't tell you if you're doing it right but I can bring it)

Send me a PM or give me a ring.

010-8697-6000
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Rope Byrne

If you guys go out again please let me know. I live near Gwanaksan and saw this message too late.

Paul