Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

Calling All Climbers in Daegu

Hello folks,

My wife Shauna and I have recently moved to Gyeongsan (east of Daegu), we have wheels and loads of climbing experience from various types of rock, trad, sport, North/South America, asia etc. We used to live in Sokcho, so we've done a lot of climbing in Seorak, Ganhyeon, etc. We've also done a bit of climbing at various spots all around Korea. So we have some navigation experience and love to road trip.

We've done the agro-climber thing and have settled down a bit, to start and enjoy our family. We have a young daughter, Hana, who is 1.5 and we are finally feeling like she's capable of being out and around the crags. But, she still requires supervision, so we're looking for other parents or some single/couples who enjoy the pleasures of little kids. Don't worry we won't ask anyone to change diapers or wipe her nose. Just a solid belay and a few winks for the kid or gentle nudge when she starts playing with the tail of the rope.

I'm also looking for a local crag/gym partner who doesn't mind the early morning session or after school "race to crag" workout. Oh don't forget the no-beta, weekend multi-pitch ascents till midnight...easy walk-off descent not included!

My cell is 010-2232-6511 if your interested. For those of you, I've climbed with in the past, doing your own thing, have fun and I hope to see you this year at a few crags.

Cheers,
Bryan and Shauna
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
velocity girl

You're BACK!!! Yay! I ws just wondering if you guys had decided to come back or not! I'll be at Seonunsan a lot and hopefully other places too...would love to climb with either of you and take turns holding Hana as well!

Hope to see you guys soon!

Dee

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

Good to hear from you.

I've had the last 6-12 months off from climbing, due to the birth of Hana. So, I have only been out 5,6 times in the last year. Just been a gym rat whenever I can get a free moment. So, Seonunsa may be a bit steep for us now, but hopefully, after a month or two of getting out, we can catch up with you in Seonunsa...May would probably be great!

Keep in touch and let us know when your heading out to Seonunsa and we'll try and catch up.

Bryan