KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Climbing Chat (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bouldering from seorak Mountain (sock-cho) (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101)

Park, Cheolyoung 07-14-2009 11:21 AM

Bouldering from seorak Mountain (sock-cho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLzH5dYZ_DI

This is short film about one decent line.

Jason will post more Pictures from seorak mountain I guess.

This place is going to be amazing bouldering area! Just need to be developed.

dusty 07-17-2009 09:30 PM

that was a very fun line to find. congrats on the first send, young. what did you rate it?

Park, Cheolyoung 07-18-2009 12:59 AM

well, since I don't have enough experience, not sure about rating.

There's one line in busan, busan crew think it was hard, However, the other

came and sent it. And summarizing people's opinion, it wasn't that hard. well, still not easy.. So, I can't rate it by myself. need some other's opinion.

I hope someone will rate it later. I guess v3 range. maybe more and less.

CharlesCullen23 07-18-2009 02:10 AM

this place has intense raw beauty, I look forward to journeying there soon.

Park, Cheolyoung 07-19-2009 11:42 AM

Yes, It's beautiful place!! however kinda far from busan...

choss monkey 08-26-2009 02:36 AM

Sorry guys, taking the summer off to recover has also meant that I haven't been very active on here. I have **** tons of great pics from this amazing area, but I think someone else should do the area description and add it to the bouldering areas for two reasons...

1. I've added an insane number of new bouldering areas and feel like I'm stealing the glory.
2. Even though I know how to get there, I'm not that familiar with Seokcho and couldn't tell others how to get there.

The rock is amazing. I'll try to get get a crew together in Seoul now that I live here, and Cheolyoung can bring the Busan crew to form a super crew sometime soon if anyone wants in on the action.

Cheolyoung and I went back last week and we really feel like this place will be one of the best, and not just because it's beautiful and pristine. The problems there are quality. Not to mention some of the best swimming holes I've seen in Korea are up in the park. Not that we were swimming there, that would be illegal. If anyone wants to spend a weekend searching (not climbing) I would be more than willing to check other valleys for potential. So far we've only looked at one main river valley. Unless Greg has checked other areas.

choss monkey 08-26-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park, Cheolyoung
well, since I don't have enough experience, not sure about rating.

There's one line in busan, busan crew think it was hard, However, the other

came and sent it. And summarizing people's opinion, it wasn't that hard. well, still not easy.. So, I can't rate it by myself. need some other's opinion.

I hope someone will rate it later. I guess v3 range. maybe more and less.

Language older than words? I thought we decided on V4, that's still 5.12...

Seokcho seems to run the full range from V0ish to Vhard. There seems to be a lot in the 3-4 range. That crack line is going to eat people alive, plus there is that burly overhang by the bridge... oh, I can't wait to go back.

I think we could call that line in the vid V4, but it needs to see more sends.

yandy 08-26-2009 01:06 PM

One long, hot day, back in the summer of 2009, I trekked further up the valley and found a **** load of boulders about 2km from the area we were at. I didn't climb, because I was on my way to the summit. It needs to be checked out.

choss monkey 08-27-2009 01:02 AM

young and I went up to check that area. the lower part still seemed better unless we didn't quite make it to the area you saw. it was quite the trek though. maybe i should buy a chopper to fly the pads in.

punchy 09-10-2009 09:07 PM

glad to hear you kids are stoked on the seorak bouldering scene. i'll be back in korea at the end of september and would be mega stoked to get a crew together in october for some sending, searching, documenting. i will get on the ball with a description for the area once i get back to sokcho. very stoked to develop this place. which means i'll be requesting beta and photos from those of you that have already developed problems there. hope to see you all at the boulders in a few weeks!