Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 12-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Seorak Sender

Just got to Korea...

Hello, how is everyone? I just got to Korea not long ago and am looking to do some climbing. My skill level is laughable right now, but since all the standard laws of physics apply, I should be ok. (I have a good idea on what direction I will be falling) I am up at Osan right now and looking for something to do on the weekends. I guess gyms are the hot ticket now due to the weater. If someone can point me in the right direction as to where to go I would appritiate it. Ideally something easy to find, idiot proof

Tugboat
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
verticalcult

Hey Tugboat, Welcome to Korea and to KOTR! If you are up in Osan I guess the nearest gyms would be in Suwon...though there may be gyms in Osan also (I am scanning through my Korean climber magazines to check). If your weekends are free there are a lot of Seoul based KOTR folk who would probably be all to happy to meet up and boulder/climb/gym/drink/karyoke etc together. Otherwise, keep an eye on the upcoming trips thread and see if one of those might be sweet for you...this weekend is Mokpo (southern coastal city famed for it's octopus and KOTR supergirl, Ricky. Also has some good climbing!). In Jan we'll be doing a social winter meet and greet here in Daejeon (winter crazy thing), which should be lot's of fun. If you ice climb, or wanna give it a go anyways the season is just starting. O2 gym in Seoul has a great indoor rock and ice gym.
"my [climbing] skill is laugable"??? Well all the better! You'll still prob'ly climb my a*** off (yeah I use British spelling so a*** not a**) and the point is to have fun anyways, so don't be shy!
Are you on base up there in Osan?
Cheers and best, Jake.