Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Halla Hanger

Home for the holidays?

I'm looking to connect with friendly folks interested in gym climbing over winter-time. I'm fairly new to Korea, but would love to fill more of the weekends/weekday-mornings/holidays up with new climbing projects. I'm in northern Seoul, bored with teaching, and am looking to have a blast in the city this christmas/new years holiday (though I'd be easily persuaded out of Seoul). Anyone sticking around? cheerio
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:49 AM
peace

Looks like a "winter party" in Daejeon on the 12-13th is in the works. We discussed it (briefly) on the podcast.

As you're in NE Seoul, you might interest people in heading up for the ice and snow in NW Gangwon-do, a winter trek in Bukhansan. . .
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
muse

anything vertical

Les et al-

I would be superpsyched to join you on any snow hike/climb/ski/tour the country without getting splatted as the already rotten drivers add snow to their list of excuses for trying to kill me. just pm or call. i hope to hit O2 world next tuesday... and am looking for climbing adventures this weekend and next. 2 four day weekends in a row - I can't stand the thought of not doing something awesome (climbing?)
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Halla Hanger

How do you feel about climbing 02 this saturday? There's nothing like celebrating pre-christmas with an indoor ice wall!
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
verticalcult

Mary, Les and anyone else out there, Kyung Ah (aka "Naomi") and I are going to be at O2 this Tuesday from the opening gong at 10am. If you wanna hook up, come along!
Tomorrow we are checking out Muju skiing, and on the 13-14th as Skinsk has alluded we will be partying KOTR winter style in Daejeon climbing gym/Eric's joint.
Then on Feb 2-3 there is the inaugural Sokcho International Ice Climbing Festival, and word from the organizers is "We really, really, truly, deeply, madly want all the foreign climbers in Korea to come along" (or words to that effect). They are offering some super sweet tempters too...check the thread on this, as I will soon post updates with details and so on. Keyword "Freebies". The big E(ric), Karen and I also thought we might try and sell some new KOTR designer products up there...if we can get it together.
OK so, see you at O2 and thereafter! Cheers!
So you can see the winter need not be boring at all.
Unread 12-26-2006, 08:50 AM
muse

ow

Maybe next time for O2! i need an urban navigator/motivator down here to get me up there next time. for now - my 1st snowboard expedition of the year with supercoach climbergrrl has taken it's toll and i feel a little like a halmoni in need of a neck brace with the only ice i am up for being the ice pack i'm using on my aches and pains. hope to see you all soon
Unread 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
verticalcult

Ouch! I hope you can recover after that...well how does Friday (yeah this Friday) grab you? Kyung Ah and I will be there this time (we even have our train tickets booked and in hand....maybe a feed at a Nepali/Indian/whatever restaurant afterwards? Beerios?
Of course anyone else can join this party too....don't wait for an invite.
Get well soon Mary!
Unread 12-28-2006, 06:19 AM
muse

what time? friday sounds good
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Seorak Sender

This friday

Are people still getting together this Firday? I am on holiday for seven days and failed to make plans. Still hoping to get out of the immediate area, but that may not happen. It would be great meeting up with some fellow climbers. Especially those of you I haven't met yet.

-Erin
Unread 12-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Halla Hanger

I'd love to meet up with you folks, although I work on Friday until 9pm. I'm hoping you're planning on sticking around this nick of the woods for a bit! If I could interest you in a weekend of climbing in the north, my place in nowon-gu's got plenty of space for crashing.... riding was wicked at oak valley last weekend, many thanks for the coaching of climbergirl Dee! My knees would likely be in more colourful condition than Mary's had not Kim Lee and I traded boards for skis.