|Comment added by hooks on May 8th, 2008|
|Some new info on the approach trail: when coming to the vertical green sign, a new path has been mowed down that leads you way off to the left. Instead of taking that first left, at the first gravesite you see (there are many around) walk uphill along the right and you find a narrow trail in that top corner that leads you directly there. When I went last month the place was a mess, trash everywhere and the topo sign and route listing were not to be found.|
|Comment added by Sanirang Dot Net on June 30th, 2010|
BY SUBWAY & BUS:
Line #8(Pink Line) to NamHanSanSeongIpgu Station(남한산성입구역/#822). Go out Exit #1(currently under construction, take Exit #2, and do an about-face) and continue straight, keep straight across a 5-way intersection to a bus stop in front of the ChungHo Building(청호빌딩) or also in front of a KB Bank. At this stop(상원초등학교), catch Bus #9 and get off at NamHanSanSeong rotary. This is about a 10~15 minute ride. Here, catch Bus#15-1 down to Bundangri and de-bus. Follow the aforementioned directions and navigation photographs via the other posts from here. It is no more than a five minute hike from the tomb-site.
Currently, there is no tunnel toll-gate fee charge. Buses from the rotary stop running shortly before 11:30 pm.
|Comment added by killakalle on September 27th, 2014|
Went to the crag today. All routes had a proper anchor with chains and hook - no death triangles.
Every route had a cute little tiger symbol at the bottom indicating the name and grade.
The routes were
2x ungraded and easy on the left
1x 5.10b (with a very hard start)
and above that a few routes each per grade
|Comment added by alpingoat on February 25th, 2018|
A few updates for 2018...
- There is a new blacktop parking lot at the entrance of the village with restroom facility.
- The view from the parking lot no longer looks the same as climbhigher14k’s photo.
- There is no longer a vertical green sign at the trailhead and some of the buildings up the trail look different from climbhigher14k’s photo.
- Once you start up the trail, you can go straight or left at the greenhouses. Go straight. From there, follow the beaten path toward the crag. There are little trails that break off toward various grave sites, but if you generally head uphill you will get there.
- It looks like most of the anchors have been modernized, but a couple old ADT wire anchors still persist.
- Locals top rope off of open gate hooks on the anchor, but you might want to bring sling/cordelette material to build your own anchor.
- Parking lot: 37.458152°, 127.215738° / KakaoMap Link: 경기 광주시 남한산성면 불당리 26-7 http://dmaps.kr/85uz8
- Trailhead: 37.457277°, 127.212332° / KakaoMap Link: 경기 광주시 남한산성면 불당리 86 http://dmaps.kr/85u5f
- Crag: 37.459255°, 127.210900°